The webinar featured on this USB provides strategies in the high school setting for teens with Selective Mutism. Learn about why some teens are unable or very reluctant to talk at school, and specific strategies to apply in the high school setting as part of an intensive school program that will help the teen to reduce their anxiety and gradually build their communication with a keyworker at the school and in each of their classes.
Topics that are covered include:
- What is Selective Mutism
- Understanding Selective Mutism as an anxiety disorder
- Understanding how to apply a graded approach to treat anxiety
- Complexities of working with teens with Selective Mutism
- Factors in the classroom or school setting that make it easier or harder for a teen to communicate
- How to educate all staff at a school about Selective Mutism
- Specific treatment strategies for Selective Mutism in high school including graded approaches to building communication with a key worker and ‘Sliding in’
- Common issues and questions
This webinar is recommended for:
- High school teachers and key workers who have a teen with Selective Mutism at their school
- School Psychologists and Learning Support staff who provide support to teens with Selective Mutism
- Family members of a teen who has Selective Mutism
About the presenter:
Dr Elizabeth Woodcock is a Clinical Psychologist and Director of the Selective Mutism Clinic and also MindBox Psychology in Sydney. She has a Masters of Clinical Psychology and PhD from the University of NSW with over 20 years’ experience in treating child and adult mental health issues across both private practice and the public sector in research and clinical settings.
Elizabeth has a special interest in treatment of Selective Mutism and has seen or supervised close to 1000 cases of Selective Mutism in clients ranging from late 2’s to adulthood. She is first author of the chapter ‘Treatment Programmes for Children with Selective Mutism’ in the book ‘Innovations and Advances in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy’ edited by D. Einstein (2007). Elizabeth runs a series of training webinars about Selective Mutism each year to suit a range of audiences, including teachers, parents, speech pathologists, and psychologists.
The price for the USB package (which is in a case similar to a typical DVD package) is $180 (free postage Australia-wide or $20 flat rate to the rest of the world). To pay, please click on the link below to pay via Paypal or credit card. This will add the relevant items to your basket, then navigate to the basket and follow the links. Alternatively, if you would prefer to pay over the phone via credit card or have an invoice emailed to you, please call our reception on (02) 9438 2511 or email the clinic.
This webinar will run as a live webinar on Thursday 9th May 2024 at 5pm to 8pm. See details here.
To purchase access to a 4-week online recording of the webinar, click here.
To purchase the webinar on DVD (instead of USB) for a sale price of $50, click here.