The 45-minute seminar featured on this USB is designed to be shown at a staff in-service meeting in a primary, high school, or preschool setting, to help staff to understand this relatively unknown anxiety disorder where children are so shy they cannot talk at school. The seminar outlines the best approach for all school staff to manage these children and avoid worsening the condition.
Topics that are covered include:
- What is Selective Mutism
- Understanding Selective Mutism as an anxiety disorder
- Do’s and don’ts of general management of children with selective mutism
- Factors that affect the child’s ability to communicate
- How to get children with selective mutism to communicate with you and in the classroom
This seminar is recommended for:
- Primary school, high school, and preschool management staff who would like to educate all staff at their school about how to talk to and manage a child with selective mutism.
- School psychologists or learning support staff who wish to do the same as above.
- This seminar does not cover comprehensive school treatment strategies for children with selective mutism (as covered in our 3-hour seminar DVD here). This seminar is about educating all school staff about this condition.
About the presenter:
The seminar is delivered by Dr Elizabeth Woodcock, a Clinical Psychologist, who established and is the Director of the Selective Mutism Clinic in Sydney. She is co-author of the book chapter ‘Treatment Programmes for Children with Selective Mutism’ in the book ‘Innovations and Advances in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy’ edited by D. Einstein (2007). Elizabeth has worked in both private practice and the public sector, in both research and clinical settings for over fifteen years. Elizabeth provides treatment for children and adults with a range of clinical disorders, and regularly provides training seminars for teachers, parents, and clinicians about Selective Mutism.
The price for the USB package (which is in a case similar to a typical DVD package) is $120. To pay, please click on the link below to pay via Paypal or credit card. This will add the relevant items to your basket, then navigate to the basket and follow the links. Alternatively, if you would prefer to pay over the phone via credit card or have an invoice emailed to you, please call our reception on (02) 9438 2511 or email the clinic.
NB. At this stage the USB is only suitable for PCs, not Macs. We are looking into options for Macs and in the meantime see the ‘other options’ below.
This webinar is usually run every year as a live workshop and a webinar.
To purchase access to a 4-week online recording of the seminar, click here.