This is a 45-minute recording of a seminar provided by Elizabeth Woodcock, Clinical Psychologist and Director of the Selective Mutism Clinic, to educate all staff at a school or preschool about how to manage children with selective mutism.
This seminar recording is for learning support teams, principals, school psychologists and preschool directors who have a child with selective mutism at their preschool, primary school or high school, and would like to know the best approach to educating all school staff about this relatively unknown condition. This is not a comprehensive school treatment approach (as covered in our 3-hour seminars/webinars for classroom teachers), but strategies for all staff at a school to prevent worsening of the mutism and to allow the best environment for children with selective mutism to thrive.
Topics that are covered in the seminar:
- What is Selective Mutism
- Understanding Selective Mutism as an anxiety disorder
- Do’s and don’ts of how to manage children with selective mutism
- Factors that affect the child’s ability to communicate
- Common issues and questions
The seminar is recommended for:
- Primary, high school, and preschool management staff who would like to educate all staff at their school about how to talk to and manage a child selective mutism.
- School psychologists or learning support staff who wish to do the same as above.
- Please note, that the seminar in this recording does not cover comprehensive school treatment strategies for children with selective mutism (as covered in our 3-hour seminars). This seminar is about educating all school staff about this condition.
About the presenter:
The evening seminar will be conducted by Dr Elizabeth Woodcock, a Clinical Psychologist, who established and is the Director of the Selective Mutism Clinic in Sydney. She is co-author of the book chapter ‘Treatment Programmes for Children with Selective Mutism’ in the book ‘Innovations and Advances in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy’ edited by D. Einstein (2007). Elizabeth has worked in both private practice and the public sector, in both research and clinical settings for over fifteen years. Elizabeth provides treatment for children and adults with a range of clinical disorders, and regularly provides training seminars for teachers, parents, and clinicians about Selective Mutism.
The DVD and recording runs for 45 minutes and is designed to play to all staff at an inservice meeting to provide education to all staff about the Do’s and Don’ts of managing selective mutism.
The price for a 4-week access to the online recording of this webinar is $80. To pay, please click on the link below to pay via Paypal or credit card. This will add the relevant items to your basket, then navigate to the basket and follow the links. Alternatively, if you would prefer to pay over the phone via credit card or have an invoice emailed to you, please call our reception on (02) 9438 2511 or email the clinic.
We are not likely to run this seminar again as it is now available to purchase on a DVD, USB, or an online recording .
If you are interested in a 3-hour seminar/webinar with in-depth information about how to treat selective mutism at school, then see the information here about our 3-hour evening seminars.